CARE AND USE OF YOUR BRUSHES
Our brushes are made of pure hog bristles with wooden beech handles. Investing in a good brush will make a huge difference to your finish and the ease of the job.
- Prior to painting wet your brush slightly to open up the bristles. Dip it in water and dry off on piece of cloth then commence painting.
- Chalk effects is water based so simply wash your paint brush in cold water until all paint is rinsed out
- To maintain top condition of your brush you can periodically wash in hair conditioner but ensure it is not a colour hold conditioner.
- To wash your wax brush simply wash in warm soapy water such as a detergent or laundry powder. If your brush hardens prior to washing it you will need to soak it in turpentine for a short time and then rinse.
- We recommend that you keep your paint brush as a paint brush and your wax brush just for waxing and write wax on it.
- Most new brushes will loose a few hairs to begin with. Simply allow the paint to dry with the bristle in it and when dry simply roll off prior to applying the next coat.